Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Book

One part of my "new habit" is to avoid buying books when the ones I already have cover exactly what I need to know to accomplish the same task. Example: I have half a dozen books on "comic book anatomy" and they all basically cover the same thing, just with different illustrations. As much as I respect other amigurumi designers and love their work, I don't see the need to buy a ton of books full of patterns when my main goal now is to create my own original work.
I've heard nothing but good things about Beyond The Square, though, mostly from other bloggers who own the book. I've picked it up a few times at the store just because the cover looked really cool but only gave in today and bought it.

In the 10 hours I've had the book in my possession, I haven't been able to try any of the motifs myself, though a quick scan through the book did show that a lot of the designs are really unique. I don't know what I'll use them for, but the combination of color and shape was enough to make me buy the book in the first place. Now I'm pretty sure I have to go ahead and make all 144. I might not be the type to use granny squares in my crochet, but something tells me I'll be able to apply the shapes to future ami designs and such.
Not to mention I have a ton of junk Microspun that needs to be used for *something*.

No comments:

Post a Comment