Friday, October 1, 2010

Scarf it down

When I started that scarf, it was still floating around the 80s/90s here, and definitely not "chunky scarf made from alpaca" weather. Now a month later it's humid as EVER and has been raining for the past week. Thankfully the guy who (hopefully) received the scarf doesn't live here and has been sitting through 60 degree rainy weather for just as long.

Despite the fact that I'm still relatively low on my own well-earned spending money (lack of a part-time job really hurts) I couldn't help but finally give in and buy Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker as well as a 4.5mm Tulip Etimo crochet hook. I haven't had a chance to make too much in the book, but the Etimo? Well, I feel bad for cheating on my Clover STs, but I'm really in love with this hook.

I swore that the last book I got would be the last, but I couldn't help but buy THH after seeing some of the designs there. I don't know when I'll be able to make anything but I swear, this is the last until I get a job and can actually afford my hobby.
Wait! That's a lie, I need/want to get June's book on amigurumi that's being released in a few days. I swear, after that, I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment